- By entering the Join our Community and Win competition, all participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- In order to be eligible to enter the competition, a participant:
2.1 must be at least 18 years old and residing in the Republic of South Africa;
2.2 must have signed up online to be a part of our community during the promotional period
2.3 entered with a valid email address and mobile number;
- All participants who meet the eligibility requirements set out above will be automatically entered into the competition.
- The following persons and entities are not eligible to participate in the competition:
4.1 directors, members, partners, employees, agents of or consultants to Steinbuild (Pty) Ltd, its subsidiaries, divisions and/or associated companies (“Timbercity”) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by Steinbuild, and their spouses, life partners, immediate family members and business partners;
4.2 directors, members, partners, employees, agents of or consultants to the advertising and promotion agencies of Steinbuild and their spouses, life partners, immediate family members and business partners; and
4.3 Steinbuild directors, members, partners, employees, agents of or consultants to Steinbuild or any other person who directly or indirectly controls.
- The competition commences on 13 November 2017 and closes on 30 November 2017.
- 5 winners will be drawn by random selection from all eligible entries on 11 December 2017. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence in this regard will be entered into.
- The prizes for the competition are as follows:
7.1 X5 R1000 Timbercity vouchers to be redeemed at nearest store.
- The prizes are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or for any other item. If, for any reason, Timbercity cannot provide any of the prizes, Timbercity will award an alternative prize of a similar value.
- Each of the winners will be required to provide Timbercity with proof of identification in the form of a copy of his/her identity document, passport or South African driver’s licence.
- Notification and delivery of prizes:
10.1 Each of the winner’s contact details will be obtained from the timbercity.co.za. Each winner will be informed telephonically and/or by e-mail within 24 hours after his/her name has been drawn, that he/she has won the prize.
10.2 Timbercity reserves the right to disqualify a winner if he/she does not respond to the telephone call and/or e-mail within 72 hours of being contacted or the notification being despatched, indicating that he/she accepts the prize. In such event, Timbercity will be entitled to select another winner within 24 hours thereafter.
10.3 If a winner cannot accept a prize for any reason, that winner will forfeit his/her prize and another winner will be selected. In order to claim his/her prize, a winner may contact Timbercity Head Office.
10.4 The voucher is redeemable at winners’ nearest Timbercity store, and will be deducted from their transaction.
- The winners’ names will be published on the official Timbercity website (timbercity.co.za).
- Unless the winner specifically states otherwise, each winner agrees to participate in all promotional activity and hereby consents to Timbercity using his/her name, images and/or voice in any promotional material for the purpose of promoting the competition. No compensation will be payable for such use. The winner will have the right to withdraw his/her consent for the use of his/her name, images and/or voice prior to the use thereof by Timbercity in any promotional activity.
- A copy of these terms and conditions will be available on the official Timbercity website (timbercity.co.za).
- BY PARTICIPATING IN THE COMPETITION, YOU AGREE, SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, THAT NEITHER TIMBERCITY NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE ADVERTISING AGENCIES WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES, COSTS OR CLAIMS IN CONNECTION WITH THE COMPETITION OR RESULTING FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OF ANY PRIZE.
- TIMBERCITY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE, SUSPEND OR AMEND THE COMPETITION FOR REASONS BEYOND ITS CONTROL. TIMBERCITY AND ITS SERVICES PROVIDERS, INCLUDING ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK PROVIDERS, ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INCORRECT OR INACCURATE TRANSCRIPTION OF ENTRY INFORMATION, TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION, LOST OR DELAYED DATA TRANSMISSION, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, LINE FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION OF ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE, THE INABILITY TO ACCESS ANY WEBSITE OR ONLINE SERVICES OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON BEYOND ITS CONTROL.
The Supplier must provide the following information and documents:
- Full registered name and trading name of the supplier and its registration number, address and contact numbers
- Copies of the promotional material advertising the competition
- List of prizes offered
- Details on when the competition will run, the medium used and place where the marketing will take place.
- Names and ID number of the persons selecting the prize
- Details of how the prize winners were determined and announced
- Whether an independent person oversaw the determination of the prize winners and his/her name and ID.
- Names and ID numbers of the winners
- Dates on which the prizes were handed over or paid to the winners
- If a prize winner could not be contacted, steps taken by the supplier to inform the winner that he/she has won a prize
- If the prize winner did not receive the prize, steps taken by the supplier to hand over the prize to the winner
- Acknowledgement of receipt of prize by the winner and the date of receipt of the prize. If this is not possible, proof that prize was sent to the winner via post, courier or electronically using the details provided.